How to use a tool for character magnifying and voice reading
The National Tax Agency (NTA) introduced a web accessibility supporting tool "ReadSpeaker Enterprise" so that elderly people and people with poor eyesight can comfortably browse the Corporate Number Publication Site of the NTA.
The supporting tool has the character size changing function and the character color changing function, etc. in addition to the voice reading function.
The tool can be used by clicking one time without downloading and installing the software and is easy to operate. So anyone can comfortably use it.
How to use
Reading out a text
Click the Listen button on the page.
A sentence is automatically read out. The background of a sentence is added color while it is read out.
Operation of the player
When clicking on the page, the player below starts.
|It reads out the sentences from the beginning.|
|You can pause/restart the voice reading.|
|You can stop the voice reading.|
|You can adjust the position of voice reading.|
|You can adjust the volume.|
|You can open the setting menu.|
|You can download the voice file (MP3 Type).|
|You can terminate the player which is running.|
Reading out a selected sentence (a part of sentences)
Select a sentence which you want to read out with a mouse and click an illustration of a speaker displayed near it.
It starts reading out a selected sentence.
Click the "setting icon" in the player to open the setting menu.
The following things can be set in the setting menu.
- Presence or absence of the highlighting function
- Change in the color of a highlight
- Change in the color of characters highlighted
- Presence or absence of the magnification display of a sentence read out
- Change in the reading speed
- Presence or absence of the function of automatic screen scroll
- Presence or absence of the function of reading out a part of sentences
Operation of a keyboard
You can operate start/stop of reading out with a keyboard, without a mouse.
- Start of voice reading: Differs by OS and browsers.
- IE 8 or more: Alt+L+Enter
- Firefox 2 or more: Alt+Shift+L
- Chrome 1 or more: Alt+L
- Safari 3 or more: Alt+L
- Firefox 2 or more: Control+LL
- Firefox 14 or more: Control+Alt+L
- Chrome 1 or more: Control+Alt+L
- Safari 4 or more: Control+Alt+L
- Stop of voice reading: Enter (common in all browsers)
It might not correctly read out the name of a person and a place, the proper noun, and the abbreviation, etc. because the computer automatically read out by synthesized voice based on the function of voice reading.
The NTA cannot assume all the responsibilities when some damage occurs directly or indirectly by using this service. Please acknowledge it beforehand.
It is compatible with all kinds of OS and browsers including tablet terminals.